I spent a few days on the Croatian seaside to recover after Zagreb HM and unexpectedly found myself at the Laguna Porec half marathon (as a spectator).
Note: you can find more fotos from Laguna Porec half marthon at my FB page here: 1, 2, 3.
1. The course is a 7K lap going along the sea coast and pine woods. Runers could choose 1, 2 or 3 laps.
2. Pre-race preparations.
4. The place is a touristic one, and now, in the low season, there were only fellow runners filling the hotels.
5. Camping is an option for drivers to stay here in summer.
7. Group foto before the start. The Italian group was the most solid and numerous. There were also many runners from Slovenia and Austria.
8. He'll be OK. Just stretching,
9. Italians do know how to draw the attention with a costume design.
11. The start. Take a note of runners #483 and #484. Both Keneyans, both from the same run club. Eventiually, #483 (Biwot) will be the winner of the 21K race, but #484 will not finish (DNF). Did he got injured, or was it his mission to be a pacemaker for Biwot part of the race? I don't know.
12. This is a sad story. A girl named Lena had passed away, and her family took part in the race as a tribute.
13. I followed the runners to the 1K mark...
14. ... where taking fotos seemed to be prohobited! But don't worry. That's for summertime, when nudists come here to have a rest.
15. The cyclist clears the way for the 21K race leader.
17. Wycliffe Kip. Biwot of Kenya is leading the race.
18. Tadej Grilc from Slovenia runs third.
19. Hellen Kimutai (Kenya) is the leader among women.
21. This foto has got most "likes" on Facebook.
23. This is how the life rolls. From joy to sorrow and back.
24. The one-lap run (7K) was a "Family Run".
25. That is how we used to make selfies at prehistoric times
26. Just aa few more fotos of the 21K race participants.
29. There's no age data in the race results. But there were many elderly runners.
30. However, if you take the average of the participants' age, you'd probably get smth not huge ))
34. A grandfather is greeted by his granddaughter at the finish.
35. And they cross the finish line together.
36. And a few more fotos of the finishers.
39. The winner, Wycliffe K. Biwot.
42. The 21K race winners (women).
43. The 21K race winners (men).
I didn't take part in Laguna Porec half marathon myself (not yet, not yet), but during my stay in Laguna Porec I had a feeling of being in a friendly running community, or a runner-friendly community, if you like it that way (even a waiter at the hotel dining-hall advised me to take in more carbs before the race))) The atmosphere here is friendly, and the environment is very tranquil and scenic.